Hello Dear Friends and Members,
The 2018 World Cup kicks-off tomorrow! And the Mannschaft are 100 hours away from their inaugural game against Mexico! Most of you may have already seen the updates and events posted on our FB pages; yet we are pleased to share with you additional information helpful to our 1st game on Sunday:
- We are very pleased to inform you the Consulate General of Germany in Montreal are supporting our events! They will be contributing with prizes drawn at half-time. One raffle ticket will be given per supporter upon entering the venue.
- The 1909 Taverne Moderne team have been of help understanding our needs & putting many efforts to make it as a pleasant experience as possible. In addition to the monumental 46′ x 20′ screen bordered vertically by our group banners; they have developed a German tasting menu, together with securing supply of German beer on tap. There will be also beers from the Brasseurs of Montreal, all at very affordable prices.
- Doors will open at 10 AM, with entrance from the plaza by the metro/train access point, corner De la Montagne-Avenue des Canadiens, i.e. one would enter from the top floor, then take the escalators 2 levels down to the ground floor which alone has a capacity of 696 seats! Supporters sitting on the 2nd floor can also be watching the giant screen. The top floor has no access to the giant screen, only to “regular” screens, & may remain closed for this 1st game. The pub will not open earlier for the Costa Rica-Serbia game.
- There will be no reservations taken – even if one calls insisting. That’s why, as per prior editions, it is never enough recommending you arrive early.
- As mentioned, children accompanied by their parents are welcome :-) There will be special family enclosures on both the ground and second floors.
- Very importantly, please make sure you wear all your gear and colours supporting our Mannschaft! Who knows, we may be spotted on TV…
You are welcome to contact us for any questions.
We thank you again for your loyalty and support!! Looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday!
Steve, Mark and Karel